Friday, October 10, 2008

What Happened to Danny Con?

What happened to Danny Con?

One of my secret shames is that I listen to AM radio, something that I never thought I'd be doing. I'm part of that generation who thinks AM radio is for older people whose musical preferences are anything pre-Beatles.

There's this show on weekdays on DZMM at 9 pm, called Usapang de Campanilla. It's that show where ordinary folk get free legal advise by calling in and asking Atty. Danny Concepcion, a.k.a. Danny Con. Now Danny Con is brilliant, being from UP of course, and he is pretty good at bringing down complicated legal concepts to the level of the masses. But lately, the show's been hosted by women, and I hope it's just temporary, because a lot of the listeners, myself included, want Danny Con back.

Take last night for example. They had two female lawyers who didn't sound as convincing as Danny Con was. Then it was later revealed that they didn't graduate from UP Law. No offense, but you can really tell who the brilliant lawyers are just from the stuff that comes out of their mouths.

Last Tuesday night however, they had a different female lawyer, who sounded smart. It is possible that she was from UP Law, though I'm not entirely sure. But she did have a sexy voice, and there could be a slim chance that she was actually pretty in person. If they can't have Danny Con back, I hope they get that sexy-vioced lawyer to host again.

No comments:

Post a Comment