Sunday, April 5, 2009

That Monstrosity Called Criminal Procedure

Sat, 4 Apr 2009.

I loved the exam. Yes, it was a bit difficult. Yes, I missed seven points (I left number nine blank). But I had fun. That exam is actually a preview of my career outside law school---defending all cases under The Dangerous Drugs Act. How to exclude evidence. How to get them out on bail. Et cetera. Et cetera.

There was one question there about "the distinct odor of burning shabu". I wanted to answer "but burning shabu has no odor!" But it might just invite questions like, "Well, how do you know so much?"

Duh. A lawyer should know those things, even if he/she doesn't use drugs.

Anyway, highlights of the day:
  1. I arrived almost twenty minutes late for the test (no excuse, just damn tardy).
  2. I failed to answer number nine.
  3. I got a parking ticket.
  4. I busted a tire.
All that in one day. Talk about bad luck. I just hope that after all that misfortune, I pass the exam. Please, God. Give me a break. I will lawyer for the poor people for free when I graduate. I promise. Just let me pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment